Re: Anyone getting debian forged headers in Email?

> On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 10:20, Richard Lyons wrote:
>> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 14:17, Rthoreau wrote:
>> I got this in one of my spam accounts, and thought it was a little
>> weird.
>> [...]
>>
>> Yes, I've had a few recently.
>>

> I'd have to say the vast majority of spam I've received in the last
> month was actually addressed to debian-user, and not my regular
>address.

Yea I noticed an increase, but this is the first time it happened to
my spam account, which is different from my list supplied address.

You think spammers would know a little bit about the addresses they
forge. But then again what they do makes no sense, I guess that is
what spam filters are for.  I just feel bad for Debian in general,
cause someone might be mistaken, and really think it is from Debian.
Or heaven forbid, say a problem arose and Debian decided to email
alerts and people ignored them due to forged headers. I know it in
very unlikely that Debian would do this, but I just despise these
tactics, and the people who are putting Debian in a bad light.

Rthoreau