Newbie-ish question: centralized debian place for X startup programs?

Hi. This is a kinda newbieish question. I'm fond of wmaker, but from
time to time i get and try out other windowmanagers, mostly in my quest
for The One True Flashy Desktop, something to show-off linux to other
people so they all go "wooooow!" :)

The problem is that i want to keep starting some stuff on X startup,
like a messaging client, some monitoring stuff, and other things. But i
wanna do it independently of the windowmanager chosen.

Is there a standard debian place for stuff like this? like a
$HOME/.startup file or something like that? that isn't dependant on the
windowmanager? if not, what would be a good place to start looking for
this?

Microsoft: Writing viruses has never been easier!
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
Microsoft: Having a false sense of security was never so expensive
-----
Jaime Herazo Barrios                /"\
jherazo_1999 at yahoo dot com       \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
ICQ number: 14721935                 X  Against HTML Mail,
Yahoo! id: jherazo_1999             / \ and News Too