Re: Switch to Sarge lost browser link in Mutt

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:55:47 -0700,
Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@asu.edu> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031202025545.GB23002@asu.edu>:

> scripsit Arnt Karlsen:
> > On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:08:20 -0700,
> > Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@asu.edu> wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 20031201200812.GA17534@asu.edu>:
> >
> > > scripsit Paul E Condon:

> > > This is gnome-terminal's doing, whether running under Gnome or
> > > not. It will also do this, for example, on apt-get update's
> > > output, or any other text put to the screen.
> >
> > ..sure this is not /bin/bash at work?
>
> Quite ;)
>
> I normally use uxterm, so the first time I did an apt-get update in a
> gnome-terminal I was surprised by the URL hyperlinking and made note
> of it.
>
> On the terminal question (drifting slightly off topic here), is there
> any xterm-style terminal emulator that does (pseudo)transparency _and_
> unicode?  Gnome-terminal is a bitt heavyweight for me, but
> aterm/eterm/rxvt all seem to choke on unicode, making them useless for
> me.

..I dunno if transplarency works with Gnome (does anyone?),
but try Konsole-1.2.3: root@2[master]# konsole --version
Qt: 3.2.1
KDE: 3.1.4
Konsole: 1.2.3

..the only issue I have with it, is running mc thru ssh off any
iso-8859-15 box, but then I don't use Euro's to pay my bills.  ;-)

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:25:32 -0800,
Vineet Kumar <vineet@doorstop.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031201232532.GA3876@doorstop.net>:

> * Arnt Karlsen (arnt@c2i.net) [031201 15:07]:
> >
> > ..sure this is not /bin/bash at work?
>
> Yes, I'm pretty sure.  In which part of "underlining," "clicks," and
> "preferred browsers" do you suppose bash might possibly be involved?

..in the inter-action between these, the only times I've seen
the cli help do this, is in /bin/bash in some RH9'er xterm.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: