Re: CPU recommendations *avoid Intel shite*

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 18:07, Haralambos Geortgilakis wrote:
> Hi Yall,
>
> see the following timely link & spread it far & wide.
>
> ChipZilla will fall.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9267

I would just like to counter this article right fast.  First thing I
would like to point out is that on pricewatch it shows a 2GHz Celeron
selling for $70(USD), while a P4 running at the same clock speed will
set you back $144(USD).
Now, with that said, I am a big user of celerons for one big purpose.
They are extremely over clockable.  I currently have a P3 generation
celeron sitting in my computer that is listed to run at 800MHz, but I
have it over clocked to 1.1GHz.  That is 300MHz of over clocking and it
doesnt even feel it.  I have no problem with heat or the board not being
able to keep up.  Like I said it is a P3 based Celeron, but I have
friends with P4 based Celerons and they have thier Celerons over clocked
by 500MHz or more.  So basically if you know how to over clock then it
might be worth it to buy one.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>