Re: kdm vs xdm

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:09:08AM +0200, Mark Annandale wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> This is probably a stupid question, but here goes.
>
> At the moment I boot into KDE using xdm. How do I change my setup to use kdm
> instead. I changed the line in /etc/X11/default-display-manager from xdm to
> kdm, however this then requires a startx to boot into kde.

One way of doing this is to remove xdm.  I'm sure others will point you
to more satisfactory methods.

# apt-get --purge install kdm xdm-

Note the "-" after "xdm" - it says to remove the package even though
you've specified an "install" command.  The "--purge" is just there for
tidyness - leave it out if you might reinstall xdm and want to keep its
config files around in the interim period.

Hope this helps,
  jc