Re: PS/2 mouse no longer detected after upgrade

Evgeny Stukalov wrote:

Hi,

After dist-upgrading to woody my standard ps/2 mouse is no longer recognized (both in console and in X), even though after the upgrade gpm and XF86Config have roughly the same configuration as before.  Mysteriously, the /proc/interrupts file is now missing an irq line for the mouse (it used to be irq 12 for PS/2 Mouse).  I've searched through Debian mailing lists and a bunch of others but found nothing resembling this.  Please let me know if anyone has encountered something of the sort, and/or knows how to go about it.

My gpm configuration: -m /dev/psaux -t ps2 -r 15 -Rraw

XF86Config pointer section:

Device 		"/dev/gpmdata"
Protocol	"PS/2"
Emulate3Buttons
ZAxisMapping	4 5

Is your kernel a roll-your-own? If so, did you include ps/2 mouse support as built-in or a module? (Actually, I don't think you can compile it as a module, but it's a question just begging to be asked.)

It sounds to me like some sort of hardware glitch has developed. You might check in the BIOS to see if there's an option to turn on/off the mouse port.

Anyone know of any hardware diagnostics that Evgeny can run on his mouse?

Kent