Re: smail drops off; what to replace it with? exim?

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 06:02:23PM -0600, Rick Macdonald wrote:
| Vineet Kumar said:
| > * Rick Macdonald (rickmacd@shaw.ca) [020502 15:31]:
| >> I've never tried to replace a package that has many packages that
| >> require it. What do I tell apt to get it to remove smail and install
| >> its replacement?
| >
| > apt-get install exim
|
| Ah, yes, I think you're right:
|
| timshel# apt-get install -d exim
| I just tried the above and then exited. I didn't actually run it yet,

See the '-s' option.  It tells apt to simulate the operation, but to
not actually try to execute it.  It also gives more details (versions
and which release the package will be pulled from).

-D

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,