Re: How to limit network traffic?

> I have a small problem.
> I want to download some (debian) cd's.
> With my isdn-connection, one cd takes ~ 1 day to download.
> That is no problem. The problem is, debian is so efficient in
> networking that the download uses 100% of the capability of my
> internet connection.

IPchains can prioritize traffic with a few simple commands.  Take a
look at the IPCHAINS howto by Rusty Russell.

He talks about his own internet connection and how he prioritizes his
traffic over dialup.

-Matt

Core Networks
BH:+61 3 97506642  AH: 0407836506
Computer Sales & Service
Network Installations & Service
Consolidating Internet access company wide, reduces costs!
ask us how!!