Re: CUPS does not have samba support.

Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:

 How would you go about printing to a remote printer on a WinNT
without CUPS? I have it working beautifully through CUPS/smbclient, but
CUPS is too heavy memorywise on my old laptop. I couldn't find any info
on the web on how to do it without CUPS, though.

I use cups now, too, but in the past I printed using smbprint. The old version of printtool did a good job of helping me modify my printcap. There's a newer version of printtool now, more native to debian I suppose, as the old one was a port of RH's tool. I bet it still does a good job, though.

--
Brian J. Stults
Department of Sociology