Re : append still does not solve the problem NB : Please cc: me if you have any solution

As you suggested I gave the append entry :
Image   = /boot/kernel-2.4.9
        label   = Woody-249
        Root    = /dev/hda10
        VGA     = 0x31A
        append  = "hdd=cdrom lp=parport0 parport=0x378,none video=vesa"

(my lilo as installed looks slightly different but that hasn't created any problems
on any other machine and shouldn't be the cause here.)
Starting lpd :            parport0 : detected irq 7 ; use procfs to enable interrupt
driven operation
 continues to occur.

I would like to ask you about Interrupts and Parport.

As per the rules who gets Interrupt 7 ?
Is it Parport0 ?

Should I now modify the append line to turn 'none' into 7 ?

Thanks,
(shyamk@eth.net)
Shyam