Re: boa & doc-central -- Work for anyone?

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 02:46:57AM -0500, Jim Louvau wrote:

> "Eric G . Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote in message
> [🔎] 20000704230414.A5770@calico.local">news:[🔎] 20000704230414.A5770@calico.local...
> > Don't know where the problem is exactly, but I'm trying to use the new
> > doc-central (in woody) with the boa server and I get the 505 error.
> >
> > The logs for boa aren't very informative:
>
> Actually, they are very informative... IF you know your CGI :-)
>

> > [05/Jul/2000:05:53:57 +0000] Forked child
> > "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/dc-contents.cgi" pid 5766
> > [05/Jul/2000:05:53:58 +0000] cgi_header: unable to find LFLF
>
> All CGI scripts that return text (html) to a client MUST start with the
> lines:

> "<empty>"
>
> The end of the first line + the empty second line = LFLF or 2 linefeeds.
>
> Somebody obviously didn't test/run the CGI scipt before shipping it (bad
> programmer, no pizza!).

Yes, I know this.  If I run the script from the console, after printing
a bunch of 'DEBUG: ... ' messages, the lines:

are printed.  If 'cgi_header' is from boa, then I must assume those
debug messages are getting sent to STDOUT in the cgi call (which would
cause this error).  However, I can't find out where those DEBUG messages
are being instantiated.  I would assume the DEBUG messages are supposed
to be sent to STDERR (or not printed at all if called from a cgi).
Also, it's working for others, that's why I was trying to find out if
this might be related to boa somehow.

--
According to MegaHAL:
    The emu is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace.