Re: Third Party X Server

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 12:52:18PM +0000, Paul M Sargent wrote:
> I've recently got a copy of XIG's Accelerated X, and I wanted to give it a
> try on my Potato System, but before I do I wanted to check something.
>
> Currently I'm using the XFree86 3.3.5 packages to provide X. If I de-install
> these I'll end-up uninstalling all packages which depend on X. Not really

If you've currently got (eg.) the SVGA X server installed, remove
that.  Leave the VGA16 server installed.

Make a copy of your X wrapper (/usr/X11R6/bin/X?), because Xig will
replace that with a symlink to your X server.

Once Xig is installed, cp your copy of X wrapper back to where it
was, then edit /etc/X11/Xserver.

--
    keelingNO@SPAM.spots.ab.ca       Contract programmer, server bum.
                            TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.