starting ssh port forwarding from inetd

Hi,

I'd like to secure my pop3 ans smtp ports with ssh,
but I'm not sure hoe to set it up.
Is there a way to start it from inetd?

I tried the line

pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/ssh \
/usr/bin/ssh -C -v usr@host -L 110:host:110 sleep 10

Why do I have to use /usr/bin/ssh two times?
If I don't ssh gets an error and writes: host -C not found

but how expected it doesn't work since inetd keeps listening
on port 110 and bind fails in ssh.
If inetd got a connection how does it forward this connection
to the server it calls? Does it use stdout/stdin?
I didn't find any information in the manpages and I would
not like to search it in the source.

I understand the problem but don't know the solution:
inetd listend on port 110
inetd gets a connection
inetd starts ssh
And now there's the question:
  How does inetd forward the connection to ssh?

Bernhard