Re: package

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 01:16:29PM +0700, Kreshna D. Armand wrote:
> How do I know the size of each packages which I want to install?
> If I use SuSE or RH, you can query it. If I use Debian, by what way I
> can do the query of the .deb packages?

If you use apt and haven't already dowloaded the package do a --

apt-cache search --full <package name>

Form man apt-cache :
     search search performs a full text search on all available
	    package files for the pattern given. It searchs the
            package names and the descriptions for an occurance
            of  the  string and prints out the package name and
            the short description. If --full is given then out-
            put  identical to show is produced for each matched
            package and if --names-only is given then the  long
            description  is not searched, only the package name
            is.

Along with the version #, dependencies, description, and some other stuff
will be the size of the package.

--
Bill Goudie	   	    Debian GNU/Linux
University of Georgia       http://www.debian.org