From: David Karlin [mailto:funk48@travelin.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 1998 1:58 PM
To: servis@purdue.edu; debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: PLIP and win95

> I have never used it but Win95 has this built in.
> Select the following to install the driver.
>
> Start Menu-Setup-Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs-Windows Setup-
> Communications-Direct Cable Connection.
>
> Is that not what you want?

That is (probably) *not* what one wants for a win95 plip connection.  From
what I have read, win95's "Direct Cable Connection" must run at *both* ends
of the connection.

> As a discouraging side note, this is a quote from section 9 of the new
> PLIP mini-HOWTO.

http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/~controzz/PLIP-Mini-HOWTO.txt.gz

"No, so far nobody reported me a successful link between Linux
 and Windows 95. if somebody succeds in setting up this link,
 please let me know immediately: thousand of PLIP users await
 these news!"

I recently received an email forwarded to me from someone who claims to have
successfully made such a connection.  It involves a (imho) a rather kludgy
solution involving PLIP.EXE, Trumpet Winsock (original 16-bit version).  I
think that I've deleted that particular email, but I have a hardcopy
somewhere and will post it when I come across it.

Good luck

*- David Karlin wrote about "RE: PLIP and win95"

--
Brian
							   - unknown