Re: accessing files over serial cable?

> Is there a simple way to access a linux filesystem over a serial cable?
>
> For example, I would like to run dselect from my laptop and access
> files residing on mounted partitions of my desktop linux system.

Someone else mentioned PPP, and he's right.

However, if you just want to acces your labtop, I find PLIP to be
much faster and easier. There's a file in the kernel (plip.c)
with some docs on how to make a paralell NULL modem cable, and
connect the two systems. You'll get about 30k/s, as opposed to,
I guess, at most 28 bits/s with serial lines.

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl