Re: PowerBook 520c

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:44:58 -0700
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: PowerBook 520c

> According to my ancient Apple Spec chart, the 520c is a 68LC040 with a
> maximum of 36MB memory and a 240MB or 320MB hard disk (does that take
> you back or what? -- you could pay extra for an optional 80MB extra!).
>
> Anyway, potato would be a better choice for this machine, woody may be
> too memory and disk intensive. But you need the m68k images, not
> powerpc. You will need to leave MacOS on the machine, because m68k
> can't boot on its own; so that means your hard drive will need to be
> shared between a minimal MacOS and a minimal Linux. You'll need at
> least 100MB for Linux, that's probably not enough for an X server
> though.
>
> I'm forwarding to debian-68k to see if anyone else has comments.

Thank's for the info Chris, a lot of things I didn't know. I've never had a Mac myself before and I don't know much about it but I am an experienced Linux user since 4 years back.
Doesn't sound to good not being able to wipe out the MacOS though. I did not expect to install GUI (X) at all.
So should I change to the m68k list instead of this one?

Cheers,
SE