Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

Hi,
> - when sleeping by closing the lid, and wakeing by opening again, laptop
> resumes, then re-sleeps, then resumes again. Does not happen when using
> snooze.
Can't reproduce this here. I've closed and opened the lid several times
without succes. The machine sleeps and wakes up smoothly.

> - After wakeup, hard drive access seems to crash stuff hard (tested
> while in X, everything goes fine until I tried to open a
> second gnome-terminal: window appeared then it froze). Did another test
> while in console, sleeping, wakeing, running hdparm -tT /dev/hda
> resulted in a big trace which I photographed:

I use KDE 3.3. Tried with hdparm and starting openoffice. All fine.
While testing I've fount an issue.
I was starting openoffice, the battery was very low and the machine went to
sleep automatically. After plugging the machine resumed and the screen was
screwed up. It was flickering and was doubled. Sleeping and resuming solved
the problem.
I can switch to console and back to X without problems.

I'm using Debian unstable.

processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447/7457, altivec supported
clock           : 765MHz
revision        : 1.1 (pvr 8002 0101)
bogomips        : 508.92
machine         : PowerBook5,2
motherboard     : PowerBook5,2 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 512MB

Joan