Re: inclusion of `hintview` into Debian

On 21.07.2023 10:10, Erik Braun wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jul 2023, Preuße, Hilmar wrote:

Hi,

Yes, Cmake does strange things. For example, it links the shared libaries
as filenames to the `hintview` executable, instead of using well known options
like `-lGL -lGLEW`.

;-)

My impression is that the program uses an outdated version of libglew and is
not able to use more recent ones. At least the version in Debian is unusable.
Martin started a new development on [2], but I don't have the impression, that
this stuff is end user ready.

After the TUG conference a few days ago I told Prof. Ruckert that I try to make
hintview's use more userfriendly. As I said: once compiled the program works
(for me).

Let me know, if you find a way to compile the program on Debian, then we may start packaging.

I hope MIMEdefang does not alter this link::
   https://comedy.dante.de/~erik/hintview-build.sh

Many thanks! Lines 40 to 43 did the trick for me.

hille@sid-amd64:~/devel/hintview$ ls -l *deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 hille hille 142228 Jul 21 10:25 hintview_2.0-1_amd64.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 hille hille 414840 Jul 21 10:25 hintview-dbgsym_2.0-1_amd64.deb

I do not understand, why the cmake does not detect the gtk library and still builds w/o gtk support, but at least I have a buildable package now.

Hilmar