Re: hyperref package requires pzdr font with xetex

On Thu, 21 May 2015, Michal Koutný wrote:
> I assume this must have already been discussed (however, I didn't find
> it in archives by quick search). What about having separate Debian
> package for each LaTeX package (for illustration, SUSE does it this

That was discussed in 2004/2005 when I first packaged TeX Live for
Debian, and it was rejected due to the large number of packages
that would have been added.

THat was at that time, and I think I won't change that, although it
might be a good idea ;-)

> compatibility. (Disclaimer: If the idea sounds silly, it's only due to
> my lack of knowledge. I'd be gladly enlightened.)

Not silly at all. There are three levels, and I gave talks about that
ad FOSDEM 2013 and TUG 2013, here are some slides if you are interested:
https://tug.org/tug2013/slides/tug2013-distributing.pdf
and there is also the article accompanying it:
https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb34-3/tb108preining-tug13.pdf

Enjoy

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13