Re: littex package

Hi Kestutis!

On Don, 01 Mär 2007, K??stutis Bili??nas wrote:
> > I once uploaded the littex package for you. Now I have a question:
> > lmodern 1.010 has been released and already includes support for the l7x
> > encoding. More important, the file names of the fonts have changed.
> >
> > I would like to ask you whether you could help me in checking the
> > cooperation of littex with new lmodern:
> > - install lmodern 1.01-1 from
> > 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ lmodern/
> > - comment the line
> > 	Map l7x-lm.map
> >   in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/10littex.cfg
> > - call as root
> > 	update-updmap
> > 	updmap-sys
> > - test some of your test files using the lmodern fonts
>
> > After this please tell me whether this works. If yes I guess we should
> > coordinate an upload of both packages to experimental. lmodenr will go
> > definitely into experimental since we don't want to see it in etch.
>
> I am very busy at the moment and have a little lost touch with the TeX
> problems. I only tried the 'pdflatex' for some tests and got the

Hmmm, not good. If you ask for sponsoring a package you should also have
the intention to keep it uptodate.

> Warning: pdflatex
> (file /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmr10.pfb): char
> acter 147 is mapped to .notdef
>
> Warning: pdflatex
> (file /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmr10.pfb): char
> acter 151 is mapped to .notdef
>
> The all Lithuanian letters are OK, but the problems is with Lithuanian
> quatation marks (??????) and dash (-). In the .pdf are the empty spaces
> where these symbols must be. The "hyphen" symbol is OK.

It seems that these two characters are somehow problematic.

> I will try to find the time and to do the more serious tests and
> to investigate this problem. Maybe you can to advise what the tests

Did you do this, have you found something?

I would suggest preparing a MINIMAL test file exhibiting problems you
found and check whether there are still present.

You could also make a font table listing to see whether the font is
correctly used.

Thanks a lot for any update on the topic.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
LOSSIEMOUTH (n.)
One of those middle-aged ladies with just a hint of a luxuriant
handlebar moustache.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff