Re: tetex-bin/debian/changelog.* ?

On 04.11.05 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi all,

> > Wehen checking out of the SVN the debian subdir of tetex-bin I get a
> > lot of files changelog.*. Each seems to be the changelog for a
> > special revision or something in between. Will these files be removed
> > at any time later?
>
> Which files do you mean? I only see changelog and
> changelog.Debian.experimental, and the latter is explained in the
> first entry for 3.0 changelog:

Just another fault from my side. When I did an SVN checkout in
earlier times I got files named changelog.r$REVISION and
changelog.mine. I just thought, if these files are deleted from SVN
they will be deleted from my local repository as soon as I do an
checkout. I've deleted them now here and they did not pop up again.
Sorry!

> ,----
> | tetex-bin (3.0-9) unstable; urgency=low
> |
> |   * Upload new upstream release to unstable.  The changelog of the
> |     versions in experimental is available in
> |     changelog.Debian.experimental.gz.
> `----

When looking at
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/x/xfree86/xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1/changelog
one can see, that it contains the complete changelog of the
experimental releases. No, I don't know, if he omitted the changelog
of the unstable releases, happening in between.

H.
--
Mathematics is the only science where one never knows what
one is talking about nor whether what is said is true.