Re: Licenses of tetex and its parts

On 28.11.03 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> schrieb:
> > On 26.11.03 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:

Hi,

> >> P.S. What about the idea of putting together a package
> >> tetex-2.0.2-nowfree which contains files that previously have been
> >> removed from tetex (or Debian) due to license problems, but now are
> >> freed?
> >>
> > Which packages are you thinking about? The only packages, which
> > actually come to my mind are: fvrb-ex, fancyvrb, the swedish
> > hyphenation patterns and pst-osci (thanks to the work of C.M.
> > Connelly). All that stuff will probably be included in next
> > teTeX-release and we just have to put it into Debian teTeX.
>
> Yes, these packages. And the reason why I thought about a separate
> package is that sarge might be released before there is a new
> teTeX-release.

Possible. Do you have any idea about the timeline of Thomas? Should
we contact him and ask?
Why I don't like your idea: As soon as tetex-nowfree will be created
and a newer tetex-release will exist, we have to add another member
to the Conflicts-Line, which makes the packages not less complicated.
I know, it will close a few wishlist bugs, but I think it's not
worth.

> I say it might, at least there is a timeline for sarge's release
> which we can say "we ar n weeks behind", but no timeline at all for
> tetex, AFAIS.

Well, I think sarge will take another few month. I believe Thomas
will have released until then, so I wouldn't mind. If anybody really
needs these packages he should install them into the local texmf-Tree.

H.
--
His ideas of first-aid stopped short of squirting soda water.
		-- P.G. Wodehouse