Re: The Splitting of teTeX

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, C.M. Connelly wrote:

>    JG> So maybe we should, indeed, split tetex-src as well?
>
> I think that the source stuff should probably be split.  At the
> very least, there's no point in having the source files for, say,
> tetex-latex-extra if you don't have the tetex-latex-extra package
> installed.

This sounds like a misunderstanding: You don't need the source (dtx) files
for tetex-latex-extra even if you run it - it's only the copyright of some
packages that says the sources have to be distributed on the same CD. The
description of tetex-src says about the package:

 Source files for the texmf tree of the Debian teTeX distribution.
 They are only here to meet the copyright requirements of some
 tex packages.
 .
 You don't need to install them to have a running TeX system.

The tetex-src package is only preseent to meet the copyright of some
packages and has no real practical use (there are still the
"normal" source packages for tetex). That's why I can't see a reason why
to split tetex-source.

>    CMC

cu,
Adrian