Re: disabling ipv6 kernel module

On Nov 18, 2004, at 14.22, Jörg Harmuth wrote:

Hi Ben,

what is the proper approach to achieving this?

I don't know what the proper approach is, but if everything works correctly without ipv6 (I had problem without ipv6 some time ago, but I can't really recall what was up there) why not compile a kernel without ipv6 support ? This defenitely works, if it is a possibility at all. And it gives you the chance to remove more things you don't need from your kernel.

Have a nice time

Joerg

hi joerg-

thanks for replying.

i did start down that road a bit - and found out i am not yet comfortable enough with that process to trust myself (very very new to debian). besides, isn't the idea of loading and unloading (or not loading) modules that you don't have to recompile your kernel for this type of thing?

-ben