XMMS

Hi

Tried asking this question elsewhere and didn't get any answers...

Anyone have any ideas of what this might be about ?  I've installed
Debian Sarge into my workstation.  It's really nice.  Look forward to
turning some work out with it.

Everything seems to work even after updating to the 2.6.8 kernel and
associated Nvidia drivers.  The sound works fine with my old JVC
tuner and Kscd.  Sounds really good with my Ensoniq Audio PCI card.

There's just an annoying problem with XMMS.  It won't play my MP3 or
Ogg Vorbis based music.  XMMS itself is working but no music comes
out of it.  I notice that at the bottom of the XMMS config file there
is a line which points at a sound plugin....
output_plugin=/usr/lib/xmms/Output/libOSS.so....   there are also
some others in ....  /usr/lib/xmms/Output....

libALSA.so
libarts.la
libarts.so
libdisk_writer.so
libOSS.so

My own system uses Alsa.  I've tried libALSA.so but that doesn't work
either.  If no sound was coming out of the speakers I would suspect
the kernel but since I can use other applications to play music it
would seem to be the this is related to XMMS ?  Bottom of the XMMS
config file below........

equaliser_band9=0
output_plugin=/usr/lib/xmms/Output/libALSA.so
disabled_iplugins=
url_history_length=0
generic_title_format=%p - %t
skin=/usr/share/xmms/Skins/FB2