RE: test1 - expert - kernel 2.6 - clamav

I have performed 4 installations using the test1 sarge-i386-netinst.iso.
1. novice mode and kernel 2.4
2. expert mode and kernel 2.6
3. same again to confirm the problem
4. expert26 mode and kernel 2.6

I installed clamav-daemon on all four tests above.

All appears to be working fine but a strange thing happens with clamscan (or clamd):

I downloaded the eicar test virus files and if you install kernel 2.6 using "expert" mode as in #2 and #3 above, clamscan scans files just fine but says the eicar test files are "OK"

In #1 and #4 above, clamscan shows the eicar files are infected.

I suggest people don't install 2.6 using the "expert" mode; use "expert26" instead.
Maybe installing 2.6 should not be an option in "expert" mode.

OOPS! It looks like my Winproxy gateway was cleaning the file before I got it.
I was testing with one computer at home and one computer at work.

From ?will you?? to ?I do,? MSN Life Events is your resource for Getting
Married. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married