Re: After update no sound or network

> 	The last updates to Sarge I applied this week seem to have
> damaged discover. In order to get networking up now I have to
modprobe
> the ethernet driver, then ifconfig eth0 up and then restart
networking.
> Sound no longer works either. I do not remember if discover was
updated
> this week. Is anyone else having a problem with some hardware no
longer
> being detected and modules loaded? Is there a known cure? Also KDE
> disappeared from the login choices when Sarge boots.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

I got the same problem. It seems there is some problems with the
discover-data package. You can fix it by modifying
/usr/share/discover/pci.lst You should probably send your patch to
debian-boot@lists.debian.org once it works.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200404/msg01491.html

Adrien Kunysz