dist-upgrade

So, I was running Sarge quite happily, updating upgrading now and then,
when I decided to do a dist-upgrade (but staying within sarge).  This
broke partway through, leaving me in a state where I can't install
anything:

You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  libxft-dev: Depends: libxft2 (= 2.1.2-5) but 2.1.2-6 is installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

Is there any way to fix this, anything I can do?  If not, if I wait long
enough will it get fixed at some point when I

apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade ?

tvm,

--
dave thorn