Re: new here

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 08:33:48PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> I just read the call for help and here I am. I have been using linux for
> already 5-6 years and started using debian few weeks ago. AMAZING!
>
> So that's why, after some years around redhat and mandrake I want to
> colaborate with the testing of woody.
>
> I am going to use a testing system to update from potato. I think it
> would be _really_ nice to have a "upgrade/install report" form, so i can
> "check" the boxes that I have been using to install/upgrade. Like:
>
> You used for starting the system:
> [ ] install.img
> [ ] root.img
> [ ] pcmcia.img
>
> You installed from:
> [ ] ftp
> [ ] cdrom
> [ ] other: (                )
>
> so we can follow the install/upgrade procedure and reproduce it to check
> bugs.
>
> is there anything like this?
>
> Well... Now I just need a small help to tell me how to start the wholw
> testing procedure and how to do it and what to report if I find a bug.

You and me both.  I posted a similar message last night.  So far two
replies off list.  One person told me to try the debian-boot list.  My
subject heading might have had something to do with it, "Newbie needs
some direction" or something of that nature.  Maybe you'll have better
luck than me and we'll both be clued in:)
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted