Re: Sun 5220 with SAS1068e 'No disk drives found' error

Hi Robin,

On Mon, 2018-04-30 at 01:30 +0000, Robin Hammond wrote:
> There is an option to load the firmware. As best I can tell it
> involves a USB device, the first slice of which is formatted to
> fat32fs.  Why not Z-Modem? That's a question for the debian devs.
> I've tried that, but how do I know if i got the firmware loaded at
> all ?  Can I add the firware to the debian ISO before I burn it?

I do not have a Sparc Server with Debian installer on my hands now. But
please drop the idea of using Z-Modem. You do have networking running,
do you? If so, you've got to be able to start a ssh session, to do some
smart things remotely. That's makes life a lot easier. But true, you
need to start the Installer with Expert mode first, for getting the ssh
option. Within the installer, you can execute a terminal.

For Magaraid there are some kernel modules. 1) megaraid.ko 2)
megaraid_mbox.ko 3) megaraid_mm.ko 4) megaraid_sas.ko

Not sure these are compiled. I would say, you need sas, but verify.

# modinfo megaraid_sas

I do not know what udeb package exactly has megaraid modules.

http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-sparc64/main/l/linux/

But if you find out, you got to be able installing it using anna-
install. And if you need a firmware? I check this with dmesg.

# dmesg | grep -i firmware

If it ask for one, you will see a message.

Thanks,

--
Frans van Berckel
Media Engineer / Linux Master