Re: netboot , need help

Try reading the JavaStation HOWTO-- it describes the procedures for creating diskless client images. It is light on net-booting information, but you should be able to find those specifics elsewhere.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/JavaStation-HOWTO.html

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
Hello gentlemen ,
I 'd need help to build a kernel wich be abble to boot via the network (ethernet LAN) for diskless stations .
Stations are Sun Ultra5 . The boot server is a x86 .
I dont use debian sparc but gentoo sparc , but i heard i would need elftoaout and/or piggyback64 (those tools are from the debian project) to build the netbootable kernel ... searching on google i did not find "great" tutorial or documents that explains me what to do and what it does when i do it ... ( may be i searched the wrong way)

Would you help me to build it ? i already have _the_ kernel image embeding nfsroot support , rarp , NIC driver , ... then what is the next step before i upload it to the tftp server ?

PS If you have any easy to understand and recent document setting up a tftp-rarp-bootp x86 server i would be glad (my x86 server is runnung slack ... plz dont troll on this :-) )

Thank you in advance for your help .