PPP network restarting problem

Hi All,

I have an ADSL internet connection. My provider cuts the continuous
connection daily (once a day). It isn't problem, because the PPP
tries to connect automatically when the connection is broken.

It works in i386 but not in my sparc (stable Debian).
I found the following logs in /var/log/syslog:

pppd[pid1]: LCP terminated by peer
pppoe[pid2]: Session terminated -- received PADT from peer
pppd[pid1]: Modem hangup
[...]
pppd[pid1]: Couldn't release PPP unit: Invalid argument
kernel: PPPIODETACH file->f_count=3

pppd[pid1]: Serial connection established.
pppd[pid1]: Couldn't create new ppp unit: Inappropriate ioctl for device
pppoe[pid3]: PADS: Service-Name: ''
pppoe[pid3]: PPP session is 34643
pppoe[pid3]: read (asyncReadFromPPP): Input/output error
pppoe[pid3]: Sent PADT

And the last six lines coming again and again.
Sometimes comes the following log also:

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ppp0

When I try to start ppp manually (/etc/init.d/ppp start) it goes up and
works correctly.

Can anybody help me?
ppp: 2.4.1.uus-4, pppoe: 3.3-1.1, kernel: 2.4.25 sparc64

Thanks in advance,
Jana