RE: cgsix woes continue in 2.2-pre5

It still happened to me with the latest kernel that I checked out from
CVS, 2.2.0-pre9 (or -final).

Commenting lines 555 to 569 in drivers/video/cgsixfb.c where fbc->mode is
assigned fixes the problem, but it's obviously isn't perfect. It has a
tendency to leave the xdm login or any open xterms in an inconsistant
state if you switch from X to a VC and back to X, but it's better than an
NMI. xdm can be fixed with a control-c and the xterm must be closed (it
behaves as thought the control key is being held down.

Those on the sparclinux list: if anyone has any ideas on what the problem
is, I'm be happy to try an code a solution.

Also: is cvs on vger broken? I just moved to a new network setup, and I
don't think it should have broken anything, but I get:

(507) root:sparki:/usr/src/linux# cvs login
(Logging in to cvs@vger.rutgers.edu)
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to vger.rutgers.edu:2401 failed: Connection
refused

Is the password still "cvs"?

Dave Broudy		dave@broudy.net