Re: Howto make HTML from Docbook-XML?

Hi W.,

> After all, my preferred way is to use the docbook-xsl-stylesheets
> 1.40-1 and xsltproc 1.0.4-1 together with a stylesheet ...

You might also want to try the xt-catalog package (I see you're using
xtchunk.xsl). It has a wrapper that'll call xtchunk.xsl if you specify
'docbook' as the the stylesheet arg:

     xtcat sourcefile.xml docbook
or
     xtcat sourcefile.xml yourstyle.xsl

Better yet, I recommend (and use) the saxon processor. I packaged a
wrapper script and some catalog classes for it, as well. The wrapper
(saxoncat) can also use the saxon extension classes for docbook (-X
option) that come with docbook-xsl-1.45. The package is
'saxon-catalog' and needs to be tested. Again, usage is

    saxoncat sourcefile.xml docbook
or
    saxoncat -X sourcefile.xml yourstyle.xsl

If you want extra verbose output, add the options '-v -d 3'

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mark Johnson        <mark@duke.edu>