Re: First beta version of the Debian SGML/XML HOWTO

On Friday 5 November 1999, at 17 h 23, the keyboard of Taketoshi Sano
<xlj06203@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:

> By the way, Kenshi Mutou <kmuto@debian.org> has translated your howto
> into Japanese Language.

Many thanks. This is the first translation. I would be glad to read it, just
for fun :-)

Expect important changes (probably after the potato release), specially a
chapter about l10n for every DTD.

> I have read that translation, and I think that
> it is good to have translated version in cvs of DDP.

I agree.

> Can I commit the translated version as ddp/manuals.sgml/sgml-howto/howto.ja.db ?

Like the other manuals? OK.

PS: what encoding will you use for a Japanese text? I'm not sure all the XML tools will support it.