Re: Will Packaging BoringSSL Bring Any Trouble to the Security Team?

Hi all,

Sorry for posting to a general channel. I didn't know that :(

BoringSSL is also free software, as long as there are maintainers who
are willing to spend time on it, I think it has rights to exist in
Debian. Well I have been contributing to Debian for not long, so
please point me out my mistakes. :)

I understand that the security team do not want to support it, but
what if you don't have to? This package places BoringSSL in a private
directory which is isolated to other libraries, and only Android SDK
is using the libraries. Hence all the other packages will continue to
use OpenSSL and will not be affected by BoringSSL.

Actually we have already packaged Google's forks of libselinux
<https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/android-platform-external-libselinux>
and libunwind <https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/android-platform-external-libunwind>.
They are isolated from other libraries and won't affect other
packages.

Regards,
Kai-Chung Yan

--