Re: SSL/TLS still seems to be screwed up (retrieving Mail with Thunderbird)

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Vaughn Graham
<vaughng@dmsllconline.net> wrote:
> As others have said geofencing is quite unreliable, I am in the US and I
> never show as in the area I live in at least a few hundred miles away, and
> this is going to be even less reliable as time goes on with companies and
> countries starting to lease/sell IPv4 space, poorly documented and
> geofencing services not updating as this happens.

Traditional geolocation is pretty bad. Usually such attempts are just
matched against regional Internet registry records.

There are services available that can pinpoint your geographical
location much more accurately through data analytics. Since most ISPs
rarely change the IP blocks associated with neighborhoods/cities, a
lot of services use data collected from a variety of ads/sources
(including requests for weather, direction services, subscriptions
etc.) to determine your location far more accurately. Try out the
following (if you live within the United States, you'll probably be
shocked at the accuracy):

http://ipinfo.io
https://www.maxmind.com/en/locate-my-ip-address

Brandon Vincent