Re: Testing needed: openjdk7 update for stable-security

Le 11/07/2013 23:11, Moritz Mühlenhoff a écrit :
Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> schrieb:
As discussed on debian-release some time ago security support
for openjdk will be following upstream releases in the future.
The openjdk7 packages available at http://people.debian.org/~jmm/
have seen initial testing and the testsuite results look good,
but some advance testing more setups (including the web plugin)
is needed before I'll release in a few days. Please send test
feedback directly to jmm@debian with a short description of
what you tested.
I got precisely zero feedback. That saves me a lot of time:
If noone is using Java, noone is affected and I can simply drop
the packages...

Cheers,
         Moritz

I use openjdk7, for console acces in several web andministration tools (iKVM, iLO, iDrac, Proxmox, VMware...).
Java Web plugin is a must have.
OpenJDK does not work very well compare to Oracle version with theses console applets, but we need to improve that.