Re: security.d.o packages for etch built on sarge

On Sun Jul 01, 2007 at 00:59:24 +0200, Karol Lewandowski wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 02:56:07PM +0200, karol wrote:
>
> > It looks like etch's security updates were built on sarge.  python2.3
> > isn't available in etch making ekg's security update uninstallable.
>
> I would be _very_ happy to hear _any_ comment on that.  I'll probably
> ask debian-devel if I won't get any answer in next few days.

  Etch security updates *should* be built upon Etch.  Sarge updates
 *should* be built upon Sarge.

  Anything else is liable to break and is a bug which should be fixed
 with an update.

  I've checked the build-logs I've got access to (all except i386) and
 they seem fine.  is it just i386 you see this behavior upon?
 Do other people see this too, or is it a potentially broken system
 you're installing upon (I have to ask; some people still have mixed
 sources.lists files..)

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration