Re: hardening checkpoints

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> > Wrong. I was in Milano (Italy) a few month ago, and I wanted to do exactly
> > that. The person at the desk looked at me as if I were a Martien when I ask

italians just passed a law that all isp and internet cafe etc are required
to ask for ID of "ALL" visitors and users of their PCs and services

it shouldnt matter to that if we reboot etc, etc...  but it's their
computers... and you might get stiffed with a fine/penalty if oyu do
something and it doesn't go back to what the "counter clerks" expect

i think id's is a good thing ... i don't need/want spams originating
from *.it domains

> > her if I could reboot the machine on my personnel Debian live-cd. First, she
> > didn't understand what all that was about, and second she could'nt control my
> > connection time, so she simply refused. Moreover, in Italy you have to give
> > an ID (they do a photocopy of it; she couldn't tell me how long they keep
> > it..)  to be able to use a computer in an Internet Café (terrorism you
> > know...).

c ya
alvin