Re: Spyware / Adware

I´m not an expert. Just a normal user. But I think Linux is vulnerable like
any other OS. But at this time the risk is not as high as under Windows. In
my opinion it depends on how many people are using one specific OS or
browser. At home I´ve installed both Windows and Linux. And if you configure
your Windows correctly with some afford you can go online with a low risk.
Under Debian the default configuration is more secure than under Windows.
But if you configure it in the wrong way you can change this to unsecure.
The biggest mistake users can make is that you´re working as root
(Administrator under Windows).
Take a look at Debian. I´ve installed it again 3 month ago because I had
trouble with SuSE. I like it. And soon there will be a newer version of
Debian.

To protect you computer (Windows or Linux):

install an configure :) a firewall
install latest securitypatches
don´t work as root (Administrator)
under Windows: don't use IE and install a up to date virusscanner

have a nice week
martin

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail