Re: execute application from webinterface

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 21:25, mario ohnewald wrote:
> Hello!

Hi Mario,

> I like the idea of a 2nd apache and the mod_proxy.
> But how do you install a 2nd httpd in debian? will i have to build it from
> source, or is there a trick with a apache package?

Haven't tried this, but just write a second httpd.conf and start apache with
-f /etc/apache/httpd.conf.second_instance should work, then set User and
Group in /etc/apache/httpd.conf.second_instance to the user/group under whos
ID the scripts should run.

I use fnord for a second instance webserver for a few CGIs, it's much smaller
then apache.

> Cheers, Mario

Jens