Re: machine monitoring packages

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:53:20PM +0100, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:

>  If anyone decides to start writing monitoring tool, I'd be happy to
> join the team.

Packages for spong and rrdtool already exist. They might not do
everything, but it looks to be a pretty stable base to start from, and
there's already a plugin API for server, client, and network
checks. I've already written one simple network plugin for checking
remote SMB servers, and I'm planning on writing another to monitor
FlexLM usage/downtime.

http://spong.sf.net/ -- the main web page hasn't been updated in a
while, but there is still active development.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu