Re: Why does rpc.statd need a privileged port?

On Saturday, 2002-09-28 at 18:33:43 +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Lupe Christoph wrote:
> > Opinions? Comments?

> Does it really matter?

Well it may collide with a service started after it that wants this
particular privileged port. I also believe that services that do not
require a privileged port should not use one. There are only 1023 of
them.

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |