Re: A more secure form of .htaccess?

Trust not in switches.

They too can be easily manipulated unless you have locked them down at a
mac address and port level.

'apt-get install dsniff' ; 'man arpspoof'

> Another option would be to run switches instead of normal hub or bus
> topology. Switches tend not to allow other nodes on a network to see
> data that is passing over it. However, it will more than likely prove to
> be a PITA to convince budget makers to allow the expense of the new
> equipment.
>
> Useless input, I know. But, I didn't see anyone else mention this. As a
> side note, if your installation is new enough, switches may already be
> in place, and you don't have much to worry about as far as stuff getting
> sniffed off the network. That is, of course, if the network was designed
> with that in mind.
>
> -Will Wesley, CCNA
> To make tax forms true they should read "Income Owed Us" and "Incommode
> You".
>

> --

[-] Steve Mickeler [ steve@neptune.ca ]

[|] Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

[+] 1024D/ACB58D4F = 0227 164B D680 9E13 9168  AE28 843F 57D7 ACB5 8D4F