Re: Key servers

[Please respect my Mail-Followup-To header; I read the list]

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 03:37:50PM +0200, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:
> Jonathan McDowell wrote/napisa³[a]/schrieb:
> -- Start of PGP signed section.
> > On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 07:12:09PM +0200, Michal Tarana wrote:
> >
> > > I made my gpg signature with gpg tool in Woody and everything was O.K.
> > > until I wanted to send it to some keyserver. I tried few servers from
> > > www.keyserver.net, but everytime I got only this answer:
> > >
> > > gpg: error sending to 'www.keyserver.net' eof.
> > >
> > > Can somebody recomend me some other keyservers or help with this
> > > problem?
> >
> > As the admin of wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net I can highly recommend it. ;)
>
> which software it runs? does it support subkeys?

It runs the Horowitz pksd and support subkeys. Given that I'm not aware
of any keyserver which doesn't support subkeys I suspect your question
is really meant to be "Does it support multiple subkeys?", to which the
answer is no. The Cryptnet Key Server does do this, but can't be dropped
in in place of pksd (at least not if you want to maintain your keyserver
peers). I'm working on a replacement which will eventually replace pksd
on wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net and support multiple subkeys (and a variety of
other goodies, such as a version of
http://the.earth.li/~noodles/pathfind.html that gets its data directly
from the keyserver database), but the first release of that is unlikely
to happen before the end of the month.

J.

--
      "For the Limit, I will forgive all." -- David Damerell, afw.
      Ask me about server co-location - info@blackcatnetworks.co.uk