Re: MySQL<->Firewall

Jonas writes:

 > What ports on the ppp0 have I to open, that somebody can access  with
 > phpmyadmin over the Internet??
phpmyadmin is accessible via your web server, probably port 80. You don't
have to open anything else. You must modify your phpmyadmin scripts to
access the local mysql server via unix socket.

 > And what ports on the ppp0 have I to open, that the local php-scripts
 > can connect to the database ???
None, you can access a local mysql server via unix socket. Then you could
also remove the tcp connection for mysql if you don't need it : if your server
with apache/php is the only one to use mysql, you don't need tcp, unix
socket will be sufficient.

Regards.

--
Davy Gigan
System & Network Administration          [Please no HTML, I'm not a browser]