Re: What is "Warning: /boot/System.map-XXXX does not match kernel data"

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 06:30:43PM +0900, Julian Stoev wrote:
> Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.18 does not match kernel data.
>
> Can somebody explain this? Is this a security problem? I remember
> reading something about fake kernel modules?

Most likely you only forgot to copy the new System.map which was created
when you built this kernel.

You should be able to find it in the top-level dir of your kernel
source.

`man ps' will show you a run-down of the filenames ps (and top) will
search for, there are actually several that are tried in a specific
order.