Re: Cuba multidimensional integration

On 2019-03-30 21:17, Francesco Montanari wrote:
On 3/29/19 8:47 PM, Drew Parsons wrote:

ld then complains partview.o is malformed. I guess the oversized memcpy means it never compiled to a useful object file. Why is the code requesting an oversized memcpy?

I should ask upstream about this. However, I get these warnings also
when I successfully build with `debian/rules build`. I attach the
successful log at the bottom. The main difference I see compared to
the failing log (running pkg-buildpackage), is that the successful
build does:

ln -sf libcuba.so.4.2 libcuba.so.4
ln -sf libcuba.so.4 libcuba.so

Yes, those links should be made. Normally they are made automatically, which evidently is the case with your debian/rules build. Your build is using debhelper, which invokes the automatic actions to complete the build.

dpkg-buildpackage should be following exactly the same procedure. Something very strange is happening if it is strongly deviating from debian/rules build.

The only serious difference between dpkg-buildpackage and debian/rules is that dpkg-buildpackage will automatically apply patches while debian/rules build will not (you have to do it manually, e.g. dh_quilt_patch).

Do you have something in debian/patches that dpkg-buildpackage is applying to the source, that might be fouling up the build conditions?

If not, do you have a chroot (e.g. pbuilder, sbuild, or debian project machine) you could use to build with? That eliminates any random deviations in your system configuration.

Drew